Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Uni-life~

For once, I honestly feel very optimistic about this school year. I know, I say that every year. most of us do. but usually, there's this little shadow of doubt that stays in the back of my mind. last year, I had this feeling that something was going to end. I didn't know what, but I knew, that the school year was not going to be my best.

I was right; things did end. Two relationships ended, I lost friends-- or rather, people I thought were my friends, and I fought one of the worst periods of my depression and mental illness I've ever had to deal with. Despite all of those hardships, I think, I went through it all for the better. Right now, I feel more optimistic about the future than I ever have. I honestly think I will do well this year.
I have a stable relationship with the most wonderful person I've ever met. I don't know what I would do without him. Tristan makes me feel so happy, and strong.

I'm looking forward to going to class and learning new things. Maybe even meeting new people. I know I can do it this time. I have so many lovely people surrounding me and supporting me.
It would be unrealistic to say that this year is going to be perfect. I know that there will be times that I'll feel like giving up. I'll get tired and sad sometimes, but that's life. What matters is that I push through it and get over my procrastination habits.

This year is going to be my year of growth. I'm going to make this a positive year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment